Confirmation of component thickness can assist in the determination of life expectancy of any part. Ultrasonic Thickness Gages accurately measure wall thickness and corrosion of all metals, including steel and aluminum, plastic, ceramics and others.
Thickness gauging is a method of performing non-destructive measurement (gauging) of the local thickness of a solid element (typically made of metal, if using ultrasound testing for industrial purposes) basing on the time taken by the ultrasound wave to return to the surface. This type of measurement is typically performed with an ultrasonic thickness gauge.
- Does not require access to both sides of the sample
- Can be engineered to cope with coatings, linings, etc
- Good accuracy (0.1 mm and less) can be achieved using standard timing techniques
- Can be easily deployed, does not require laboratory conditions
- Digital UTM gives directly Thickness on display.
Multi-Mode thickness gauge Machines that has the ability to measure through painted or coated surfaces and eliminate the thickness of the paint using a dual element style transducer in echo-echo mode.