The aim of the inspection is to test long lengths of pipe rapidly from a single test point with 100% coverage of the pipe wall and to identify areas of corrosion.
How It Works
Torsional or longitudinal guided waves are induced into the pipe body and propagated along the pipe segment being inspected. When these guided waves identify an anomaly or pipe feature their mode convert into laminar waves and reflect back to the tools original location. Using a laptop these signals are digitally captured and processed. The time-of-flight for each signature is calculated to determine the distance from the tool and the significance of the anomaly. The octants determine the position around the pipe.
- Low cost screening with 100% coverage.
- Focusing capability to evaluate corrosion around pipe circumference.
- Test range under ideal conditions can achieve 300 m or more.
- Testing of pipes from 1.5″ up to 48” diameter.
- Reliable and accurate detection.
- Ideal where conventional testing is impossible or very costly e.g. clamped, insulated, elevated, sleeved or buried pipes.
- Operating Temperature -5 C to 100 C using normal modules and up to 350 C using the high temperature modules.
- Inspection on insulated pipes without taking of the insulation (only where equipment will Be fixed.
- Sleeved Road Crossings.
- Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI).
- Buried Pipe.
- Wall Penetrations
- Pipe Racks
- Corrosion under supports
- Offshore Risers and Caissons